Tuesday 23 April 2013

Red or Dead update

Well, not a full update. Still have some storyboards to upload here, but that's for another time perhaps. For now, we have some crazy ideas and I think we've mostly sussed out who is animating what. In the animatic (which is up on facebook and which I will get a copy of to put on here) there's a section where a person will jump through a hoop held up by another person (this will be liveaction). A 2D animated lion will emerge from the other side of the hoop. That's one of the bits I'm animating, hopefully in toonboom. Today I've been trying to familiarise myself with the anatomy of a lion, and get more used to drawing in toonboom.

It was kind of slow going, as I've never drawn a lion before. And I'm a slow drawer in general :P From here I need to find some good reference footage of a cat/lion jumping and landing. Maybe pouncing would be a better description. Will also flick through Richard Well's animation guide, as I'm not too familiar with the principles. Hopefully this will serve as good practise.

No comments:

Post a Comment