Monday 22 April 2013

ChickenFox

So back with the new term, and I'm gonna be helping with the animation on ChickenFox, and that involves learning how to use CelAction. Here's the result of what I did at the weekend:



I was trying to make him jump, but I didn't put in any anticipation at the beginning. And he doesn't actually land XD (5:00pm on Saturday swings around faster than I thought). It was kind of weird, trying to animate the different sections of the puppet on different levels, and trying to figure out which frames to choose for the duration of the action. Also trying to figure out the tail rotation and then which of the different drawings to select to give a natural movement. Plus I forgot to delete the frames at the end which means he jerks back to a previous pose. So basically, he looks like he's floating off into midair and then getting an electric shock XD At least I have a slightly better understanding of the programme, although not of how to animate the characters convincingly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment