Monday 22 April 2013

CelACtion Practice

Did another practice animation in CelAction. I think I'm starting to get more familiar with it. In terms of actual animation principles, I need to learn how to offset action so that the character seems more natural, but isn't doing too much in one instance.
 I was originally trying to make the character touch his toes, and found it tricky repositioning his feet so that his legs could bend. Then I realised you have to move the whole character from the root first, and only then do you pose the legs, working your way down the hierarchy. I think the next challenge is gonna be learning how to make him walk. Do I move his entire body along first, or do I just start by animating the legs, then the body, followed by the arms etc?
I was also testing animating on 2s or 3s. Because the playback in CelAction is slower than when rendered, it was kinda difficult to judge in the program itself. Seeing the result though, I think for most actions I prefer using 2s.


No comments:

Post a Comment